Use Viber on your Debian 8 jessie by downloading Viber for Linux DEB file from this link. Choose “Viber Debian”.
- Say you’ve downloaded Viber in your Downloads folder. Open terminal and execute the following command to change the working directory to Downloads.
- Now execute the following command to install Viber:
dpkg -i viber.deb
- You’ll be prompted with an error message saying something like this, “This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin “xcb”. Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, wayland-egl, wayland, xcb. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. Aborted”
- Now execute the following command to make Viber work:
apt-get install libxcb-xkb1 libxcb-icccm4 libxcb-image0 libxcb-render-util0
- Viber would work as expected now!