Viber is available for Linux desktop. You can use Viber in Xubuntu 16.10 by following the steps below:
- Download Viber Debian from this link.
- Go to the directory where you’ve downloaded Viber .DEB file.
- Open terminal in that directory and execute the following command:
dpkg -i viber.deb
- Viber is now installed on your system. But you might need libqt5gui5 package for Viber to work properly. Open terminal and execute the following command:
sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5
- You can now find Viber in your WhiskerMenu > Internet. Open Viber, and when prompted, use your mobile’s Viber app to authenticate.