Google’s search box in Opera browsers’ speed dial page bugs me. You can remove Google’s search box with this straightforward way that follows:
- While in Opera browser, press Alt+P from the keyboard to open the Settings page.
- The cursor is normally blinks in the search box. Click in any whitespace/empty area.
- Now press the following buttons from the keyboard as mentioned sequentially: Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right b a
- These key combination would open a pop-up dialog box for Power user settings.
- When prompted, select “I understand, proceed”
- Now go to Browser from left side bar.
- Scroll down until you find “Hide the search box in Speed Dial”
- Select this and you’d notice Google’s search bar is gone!