You can install the latest stable release of the Opera browser in Debian stable using the steps that follows:
- Download latest Opera stable release (the last one in the list) from this link.Select the latest release and download the deb file for your processor architecture, e.g. amd64 for 64-bit or i386 for 32-bit.
- Say, you’ve downloaded the deb file in your Downloads directory. Now, go to that directory and open terminal there.
- While in the same directory where Opera’s deb file resides, execute the following command to install Opera in Debian:
dpkg -i opera-stable_*_amd64.deb
- This would install Opera. Now you might need to add the missing gpg key in your system. You can add the gpg key using the following command:
wget -O - http://deb.opera.com/archive.key | apt-key add -
- This would add the missing gpg key for Opera.
Latest Opera browser’s stable release is now installed in your Debian system.